Friday, June 29, 2007

Eembaum's Birthday Party!

Friday was Eembaum's birthday (Jeehee's nephew). It was refreshing to have something else to focus my attention on; by that point I felt like I'd been saying goodbye for over a week, and I enjoyed having dinner with Jeehee, her sister, Eembaum's baby brother, Eembaum, and his three friends (2 boys and a girl, all siblings.) We went to a very nice, restaurant and had a nice Italian meal of pizza and pasta. The kids were really cute, they could barely sit still during the meal, as you can see in the pictures below. I loved watching them giggle and fidget, because they were so excited to be there. After dinner we took them to the "carnival" in Tap dong and drove the bumper cars. Jeehee and her family have been great to me this year, and I will miss them a lot. Saturday morning I flew to Seoul for the final Fulbright dinner. It was fun to see everyone, but also sad because it was our last Fulbright ETA gathering. Some kids left today (Sunday) for the USA and others are traveling to various parts of Asia before returning home. I leave in the morning for Beijing with my Fulbright friend, Janaki; I will be there for 7 days before moving onto Shanghai! I will return to the USA on the 13th of July!








2 comments:

Lorelai said...

Jennifer! I don't know if you still check your blog, but i have been reading about your experiences in Korea because i am applying to be an ETA through Fulbright in Korea as well. If you get this would you email me??? I would love some insider tips and honest feedback about the program and Korea! Looks like you had an amazing year. I am 24, applying for next fall. You can email me at Saragoes2sea@gmail.com. Thanks!!!!! I really hope you get this!!

Anonymous said...

原來天鵝嫁給癩蛤蟆就會生出醜小鴨。。。