Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Napa Valley Wedding

On Friday, May 18th, I flew to San Francisco via Tokyo for my cousin Stina's wedding. I arrived at 11am on Friday, May 18th and stayed for almost exactly three days before flying back to Jeju. It was a beautiful wedding! I am back on Jeju now recovering quite nicely after a great trip to California's wine country. I took pictures at Stina's wedding, which is something I don't normally do, but I really wanted to show my students what weddings are like in America and compare them to Korean weddings. I thought I'd post some of these pictures on my blog:

Stina looked beautiful! She is the third and last daughter to get married, and the wedding went off without a hitch!

Two of my other cousins' husbands (Chris and Drew) and my Uncle Tom!

My mother and I outside of the restaurant where the reception was held. The food and wine were excellent (something that held true the entire weekend)!
My older brother, Chris, his wife, Becky and my Aunt Susie at the reception.

Here I am standing in front of the resort where we stayed, The Silverado Resort and Spa. It was in a beautiful location in Napa Valley. It was remote enough to feel like you were away from it all, yet only a 15 min. drive to town.


The morning after the brunch we threw the same "Stege Family Brunch" that we've thrown at every other wedding. As usual it was a hit and really nice to see people one last time before going our separate ways.

My mom and my cousin Kate. Kate was married last June, and I attended her wedding in Minneapolis before leaving for Korea.



My two cousins, Alejandra and Alyssa, came all the way from Cholula, Mexico! I was so happy to see them! The last time I saw them was at their 15th birthday party (they're twins); they have REALLY grown up (they are 19 now!).

No comments: