Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Miscellaneous Photos

Last Saturday night I had dinner at one of my co-teacher's houses. She made delicious abilone soup, and I met her husband and little girl (who is about 2 and a half). My co-teacher goes by the name "Jennifer" also, but her real name is: Kim Hyun Sook. Here I am with her and her daughter. After dinner the four of us went to a "nore bang" or "singing room," where they seemed to be overly impressed with my ability to belt out 80's pop songs from U2 to Starship.


Kim Hyun Sook's daughter (English name: Hillary) and husband (English name: Benson). Benson recently applied for a VISA to visit the United States, although he's not sure where he wants to go yet. He did say that he would like to come to Denver and possibly New Mexico this summer and see me if I'm there. Benson is a professor and writes editorials for the Korean Herald.


Kim Hyun Sook's daughter and I really hit it off. She's as cute as can be. She especially enjoyed playing the pointing game where we went over the words for things in Korean and English. She actually seemed to grasp the concept that something can have two names, one English and one Korean.


Fellow Fulbrighters, experimenting with three chopsticks...it's harder than Janaki makes it look, let me tell you. It was sort of a contest, and it caught on quickly, although it probably wasn't that appropriate considering we were in a nice banquet room with an extravagant buffet in a 4 star hotel.


No comments: