Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Last Day of Winter Break!

Today was the last day of the winter break class that I've been teaching for the last 8 days. We finished up with a party, which was fun. The students took the opportunity to fill me in on Korean pop culture, writing down all the names of Korean pop singers, soccer players, and actors who I have GOT to look up and find out more about. I really enjoyed a smaller class size (15 students) in this winter break class; it felt so much more personal. I will have these same students this semester in regular courses, so I am excited to know at least a few girls in every class. Today I filmed a short commercial for the science club (which will be shown at the freshman orientation, trying to get new kids to join the club called "Atoms") and I gave my cell phone number out to at least 10 students. I'm a little worried I might regret giving out my cell phone number, because it could easily spread like wildfire, but I'll take my chances; how could anyone say no to these girls...



After class I went out to eat abilone with my co-teacher. Today was my co-teacher's last day of school ever! He is retiring!



Abilone is eaten raw, and it's delicious! After you eat the raw pieces, the waitress brings out a sort of rice poridge made from abilone. Koreans believe that abilone is very nutritious and provides energy. When I was sick last semester, all my my mother gave me to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner was abilone poridge for FOUR days!




No comments: